Sunday, October 17, 2010

Your Effect on a Room

About a month ago I read a blog post with this question and it has been on my mind ever since.  What do you bring to a room?  How does a room change after you enter?  Everyone brings something into a room.

Does the room become more light-hearted?  More anxious?  More calm?  More sarcastic?  More critical? 

I live with 3 great roommates.  When I come home from work, what am I bringing into the house?  Will I make the house more snippy, tense, and negative?  Or will I pause before I open the door and think about my effect on my roommates.

What about when I walk into class?  Into work?  Into church?  Into a party?

I want to be a person that makes the room more peaceful and enjoyable when I enter.  I want people to feel comfortable in my presence, more confident and more relaxed than before.

No comments: